Any time is a great time for a picnic! Even sunrise. Maybe, especially sunrise! As summer fades into early fall, take a beat to enjoy the changing season with this easy any time meal.
Recently, we enjoyed an impromptu date to watch the sunrise over Lake Texoma.
One beautiful sunrise later, one bald eagle spotting later, one gorgeous sun salutation later, breakfast was served.
The star of the picnic was this guy, our Roasted Tomatillo y Poblano Cooking Salsa.
And, this guy. Oh. My. Goodness. Along with our pickled red onions, avocado slices, and a drizzle of Mexican crema, they made the perfect topping to a most perfect Any Time Meal!
- 6 lg Eggs
- 1 tbsp Milk
- 1 Dash Kosher salt and Cracked Pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 sm Onion white
- 1 lg Garlic clove
- 1 Mild or Hot pepper of choice Jalapeno recommended
- 1/3 c Bernard's Gourmet Roasted Tomatillo y Poblano Cooking Salsa reserve a small amount for topping
- 1/2 c Corn tortilla strips or crumbled tortilla chips
- 1/3 c Mexican-blend cheese shredded
SUGGESTED TOPPINGS: Bernard's Gourmet Roasted Tomatillo y Poblano Cooking Salsa, Avocado Slices, Fresh Cilantro, Diced White Onion, Diced Tomato, Mexican Crema or Sour Cream, Queso Fresco
SUGGESTED ADD-IN: Fully cooked and crumbled breakfast sausage or chorizo of choice
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, Kosher salt, and fresh cracked pepper. Set aside.
- In skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, and diced pepper, stirring occasionally until onion soft/translucent. Add garlic. Saute for one minute longer or until garlic is fragrant.
- Add in egg mixture. Stir until eggs are scrambled.
- OPTIONAL: Add fully cooked and crumbled breakfast sausage or chorizo of choice.
- In order: Stir in salsa. Stir in cheese. Stir in tortilla chips. Remove from heat.
- Serve with suggested toppings and enjoy!
Related Posts You May Enjoy
- 3 Crave Worthy and Flavor-Fall Soup Recipes
- Recipe of the Week: Easy Chicken Enchiladas
- 7 Ways To Taco Tuesday
Find Bernard’s Gourmet Food Products at
- H-E-B Grocery Stores
- McKinney Farmers Market at Chestnut Square
- McKinney Wine Merchant
- Patina Green Home and Market
- Right here at BernardsGourmetFoods.com