Simple, healthy recipes make for a deliciously easy week, especially when you have a secret ingredient willing to do the heavy lifting! Meet my husband David's gourmet roasted Tomatillo y Poblano Cooking Salsa. It is one of our family's most used go-to secret sauces. Even our toddler granddaughters love it, especially when we use it to make their favorite Tomatillo y Poblano Avocado White Corn Soup.
One of our favorite go-to places for some of the best healthy, simple, family-friendly recipes is our BGF Virtual Street Team Member, Tina Schoenfeldt's wonderful blog. With her creative recipes, her focus on fitness, and her passion to help women find confidence, beauty and joy in their everyday lives, she is definitely one to follow. Click Here to get her Printable Recipe Card for her fabulous Green Chicken Chili. If you'd like to watch Tina create this easy to make dish, click here to check out her cooking video
We really can't talk about our Tomatillo y Poblano salsa though, without introducing you to our friend Howard. We met Howard when he reached out to us via Instagram to share his appreciation for our verde cooking salsa. After swapping a few cooking tips, recipes and LOL's, we found ourselves reaching out to our marketing team to ask him to please be a part of our Virtual Street Team! Whether Foodie or Photographer, you're going to want to find Howard's wonderful work here and here.
Finally, we really can't talk about our roasted Tomatillo y Poblano cooking salsa without mentioning our favorite simple meal. After sharing our GOTEXANline-up of cooking salsas at farmers market or H-E-B, we usually have a little left over at the end of the day. Enter Migas. We enjoy this easy to prepare Tex-Mex breakfast dish morning, noon and night. It is one of our favorite quick Sunday brunch meals too. We especially love to serve Migas topped with fresh herbs and vegetables. You'll find our recipe below. Play with it! Make it your own! Let us know how you think #OutsideTheJar!
Carpe diem y'all! Michele:)
- 6 lg Eggs
- 1 tbsp Milk
- 1 Dash Kosher salt and Cracked Pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 sm Onion white
- 1 lg Garlic clove
- 1 Mild or Hot pepper of choice Jalapeno recommended
- 1/3 c Bernard's Gourmet Roasted Tomatillo y Poblano Cooking Salsa reserve a small amount for topping
- 1/2 c Corn tortilla strips or crumbled tortilla chips
- 1/3 c Mexican-blend cheese shredded
SUGGESTED TOPPINGS: Bernard's Gourmet Roasted Tomatillo y Poblano Cooking Salsa, Avocado Slices, Fresh Cilantro, Diced White Onion, Diced Tomato, Mexican Crema or Sour Cream, Queso Fresco
SUGGESTED ADD-IN: Fully cooked and crumbled breakfast sausage or chorizo of choice
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, Kosher salt, and fresh cracked pepper. Set aside.
- In skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, and diced pepper, stirring occasionally until onion soft/translucent. Add garlic. Saute for one minute longer or until garlic is fragrant.
- Add in egg mixture. Stir until eggs are scrambled.
- OPTIONAL: Add fully cooked and crumbled breakfast sausage or chorizo of choice.
- In order: Stir in salsa. Stir in cheese. Stir in tortilla chips. Remove from heat.
- Serve with suggested toppings and enjoy!