When temperatures begin to dip, one of our favorite ways to enjoy the season is with a warm bowl of soup.There are few things cozier than the flavor-filled aroma of a nice simmering soup in the kitchen, wafting through the air.
From our kitchen to yours, please enjoy this week's featured recipe. Kindest regards, Michele and David Bernard
Roasted Chipotle Tortilla Soup
- 1 lb. Roma Tomato cut in half lengthwise
- 4 Tbs. Olive Oil
- 1 Medium White Onion Diced
- 5 Garlic Cloves Peeled, Diced
- 1 Zucchini Squash Diced
- 1 Yellow Squash Diced
- 15 Oz Can Black Beans Drained, Rinsed Well
- 32 Oz Vegetable Stock or non-vegetarian Chicken Stock
- 16 Oz Bernard's Gourmet Roasted Chipotle Salsa
- Place tomatoes cut side down on a parchment-lined baking sheet under the broiler for 20 minutes.
- Add olive oil to 4 qt. pot, over medium heat, add onions and sweat for 10 minutes.
- Add garlic, stir frequently to prevent browning for 5 minutes.
- Add vegetables and black beans stir.
- Add half stock and roasted tomatoes and juice to blender.
- Carefully pulse blender to a smooth consistency, add to pot.
- Add remaining stock and Bernard’s Gourmet Roasted Chipotle Salsa to blender.
- Blend to smooth consistency, add to pot. Bring to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Salt to taste
- Serve with Tortilla Chips, Sour Cream, Cilantro and Avocado Wedge Optional: Shred a rotisserie chicken and add to soup during the last 20 minutes.