Oh, enchiladas! How we love you so! Traditionally speaking, enchiladas are corn tortillas filled with meat and topped with a tomato based chili sauce.
If you prefer, enchiladas can be made with flour tortillas, and can be stuffed with all manner of yummy fillings. Just be sure to cook filling ingredients first. Top your enchilada creation with your family’s favorite Bernard’s Gourmet Foods Roasted Cooking Salsa, and cheese.
Enchilada dinners are definitely a go-to menu item on many Texas tables. It is a family favorite of ours for sure!
We especially love to make enchiladas when we’re in the mood for a quick week night meal. Whether feeding two,
Or feeding a crowd, it pairs perfectly with a crispy green salad, beans, and rice.
Please enjoy this week’s featured recipe, Easy Chipotle Chicken Enchiladas. It is the perfect go-to on a busy week night when time is a premium. Enjoy!
Easy Chipotle Chicken Enchiladas
- 9×13 Baking Dish
- 1 lb H-E-B shredded rotisserie chicken
- 8 oz H-E-B Sour Cream
- 16 oz Bernard's Gourmet Tomato y Chipotle Cooking Salsa or, Substitute with any other Bernard's Gourmet Roasted Cooking Salsa
- 8 oz H-E-B Shredded White Cheese divided into two equal portions
- 1 package H-E-B Flour tortillas (at least 10 to 12) or, substitute corn tortillas for gluten-free
Toppings of Choice: Bernard's Bread&Butter Jalapenos, sour cream, Bernard's Gourmet Cooking Salsa, cilantro, diced red onion, diced avocado
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees f
- Place chicken in a mixing bowl and shred with two forks. Add 1/2 cup sour cream, 1/2 cup Bernard's Gourmet Cooking Salsa, and 1/2 of the cheese. Mix until thouroughly combined.
- Pour 1/2 cup Bernard's Gourmet Tomato y Chipotle Cooking Salsa into the bottom of 9×13 baking dish and spread evenly.
- Wrap tortillas in a tea towel (or paper towel) and heat in microwave for 15-20 seconds to soften.
- Fill tortillas with about 2 oz of filling.
- Roll and place seam-side down into baking dish.
- Filling should bake 10 to 12 enchiladas
- Cover enchiladad with remaining salsa and top with remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes
2 comments on “Recipe Of The Week: Easy Chicken Enchiladas”