This traditional Tex-Mex breakfast dish features Bernard's Gourmet Foods Roasted Tomatillo y Poblano Salsa and is a deliciously simple choice any time of day
- 6 lg Eggs
- 1 tbsp Milk
- 1 Dash Kosher salt and Cracked Pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 sm Onion white
- 1 lg Garlic clove
- 1 Mild or Hot pepper of choice Jalapeno recommended
- 1/3 c Bernard's Gourmet Roasted Tomatillo y Poblano Cooking Salsa reserve a small amount for topping
- 1/2 c Corn tortilla strips or crumbled tortilla chips
- 1/3 c Mexican-blend cheese shredded
SUGGESTED TOPPINGS: Bernard's Gourmet Roasted Tomatillo y Poblano Cooking Salsa, Avocado Slices, Fresh Cilantro, Diced White Onion, Diced Tomato, Mexican Crema or Sour Cream, Queso Fresco
SUGGESTED ADD-IN: Fully cooked and crumbled breakfast sausage or chorizo of choice
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, Kosher salt, and fresh cracked pepper. Set aside.
- In skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, and diced pepper, stirring occasionally until onion soft/translucent. Add garlic. Saute for one minute longer or until garlic is fragrant.
- Add in egg mixture. Stir until eggs are scrambled.
- OPTIONAL: Add fully cooked and crumbled breakfast sausage or chorizo of choice.
- In order: Stir in salsa. Stir in cheese. Stir in tortilla chips. Remove from heat.
- Serve with suggested toppings and enjoy!