Is it Game Day at your house?
With an extended family as big as ours is, filled with brilliant student athletes and scholars enjoying a multitude of disciplines and sports, every day is game day around here! So much so, our sons dubbed our traditional homemade pregame/postgame salsa treats, Game Day Salsa. And, that, my friends, is the backstory of why we named our specialty food company Game Day Foods!
We love Game Day and have the best time creating a special menu to celebrate the special day. More often than not, some sort of yummy chicken dish will be a featured treat. Today, we are happy to help you plan your next Game Day menu by sharing not only our "secret chicken sauce" recipes, but also, our friend Alyse's favorite ingredients as well. Whether you use one, or use all, we guarantee you'll be happy with your winning meal!
Speaking of our friend sweet friend Alyse,
If you aren't already following her on Instagram, today is the day to run over there and do just that! Just be sure to come back and get your recipes listed below!
We have Partnered with Alyse
and Caribreoso Flavour Boutique for a flavor-filled Give Away! One lucky IG friend will receive a gift set including one jar of our Tomatillo y Poblano Cooking Salsa, one jar of our Tomato y Chipotle Cooking Salsa and one jar of our Mango Pineapple y Habanero cooking salsa, along with three yummy flavored seasonings from Caribreoso! Check it out here to enter!
And, Y'all! Alyse's Wings are now an All-Star feature at our house!
They are the perfect compliment to David's Line Up of Winner Winner Chicken Dinners! Lately, along with the usual line-up of wings, he's been all about turning our drumsticks into "lollipops." Either way, his versatile Wing Sauces are the MVPs at our Game Day gatherings! Please enjoy!
Honey Chipotle Game Day Wing Sauce
- 1 cup Bernard's Gourmet Foods Roasted Tomato y Chipotle Cooking Salsa
- 6 Tbsp Honey
- Blend until smooth. Use half as your basting sauce. Reserve half to serve as your dipping sauce. Enjoy!
Mango Pineapple y Habanero Wing Sauce
- 1 cup Bernard's Gourmet Foods Roasted Mango Pineapple y Habanero Cooking Salsa
- 4 Tbsp Butter (or, neutral flavored oil such as canola)
- 2 Tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar (or, 2T lime juice)
- If using butter, combine salsa and butter together in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave 30 seconds, or until butter is melted.
- Mix in rice wine vinegar or lime juice.
- Blend until smooth
Bernard's Game Day Lollipop Chicken Legs
- To prepare, use a sharp knife and carefully cut around the small end of your drumstick to disconnect the meat from the bone.
- Push the meat down toward the large end of your drumstick, exposing small end of the bone, creating a "lollipop" look.
- Set grill up for two-zone heat (high heat/low heat)
- Salt and pepper meat. Place on grill on the low heat side, grilling till internal meat temperature reads 160 degrees F. (approx. 20 minutes)
- When 90% done, use a pastry brush to brush sauce onto meat.
- Move meat to hot zone, turning and basting often to keep it from burning.
- Continue cooking until meat's internal temperature reads 172 degrees F (approx. 10 more minutes).
- Remove from grill. Cover with aluminum foil and let rest for at least 10 minutes prior to serving.
To Our H-E-B Friends in Hudson Oaks, Come See Us!
We will be joining ourGoTexan Friends with the coolest traveling mobile billboard on Sunday, September 27th at 1:30 p.m. as they travel around the Dallas Fort Worth area this weekend! Join us!
Finally, no matter how or where you Game Day, know that David and I are here to cheer you on and do whatever we can do to help you and yours Win the Day!
Carpe Gamiem Diem Y'all! Michele 😉